Saturday, January 26, 2008

Awesome, Local Photography and Music

Well my droogies, I've been sick with some sort of uber-cold since I last wrote to you. But after four sick days, two bottles of NyQuil and a serious prescription, Eric and I have managed to get quite a lot done. We've signed contracts and paid our very first vendors.

I found local photographer Lara Swanson through an advertisement on offbeatbride.com. She is very cool and appreciates unique weddings, and is really excited to shoot our bike ride to the reception. It's really great to work with someone who isn't scoffing at your choices - you'd be surprised how much flack comes along with the simplest of diversions from the norm. There will be two photographers on the big day - Lara and Jen Smoose, who shoots for the Washingtonian. Eric and I are pumped to have such awesome coverage within our budget.

In other news, Eric tracked down a hip, young string quartet. Once Eric showed me their website, we couldn't help but daydream about starting a quartet of our own - I'll take fiddle and Eric will shred the cello ("...and I'm jello, baby.") Not only do they look and sound fantastic, but they're very affordable and can learn our choices for processional and recessionals. They also have a great mix of songs, including lots of the Beatles, in their existing repertoire.

There have been several new developments on the food front, since our last talk with Alli and E. Stay tuned for talk of local produce, vintage cake-toppers and a startling amount of country music.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! The string quartet sounds amazing. You gotta listen to what the redhead says about the cellist.

    ReplyDelete